For almost two decades, AGI has been at the forefront of plant genomics, leading and/or collaborating on several major projects in the field (see Research).
Adopting the PacBio sequencing platform since 2014, AGI has so far been involved in about 100 genome sequencing projects, and currently leverages on the highly accurate HiFi reads generated by the Sequel II instrument. Beyond complete genomes, AGI also sequences transcriptomes, bacterial genomes, BACs, and products of genomic enrichment.
Some of the many applications of the PacBio technology:
- What can you do with one SMRT cell?
- Whole genome sequencing for de novo assembly
- Low and ultra low input sample sequencing
- A comprehensive set of transcript isoforms
- Amplicon sequencing: pools and barcodes
- Bringing the W back to whole genome sequencing
- Full-length transcripts, no assembly required
- Novel insights into microbial and viral complexity
- The most comprehensive view of the human genome
- Pacific Biosciences website